- About Us
- Our Services
- Products and Services
- Options and Information
- General Resources
Certified copies of a death certificate will be required to settle a variety of issues. A funeral director at the Kennedy Family Funeral Home will complete and file for and obtaining the number of these certified copies that you require. This is conducted through the local registrars office or the registrar of the state in which the death occurred. The cost of each certified death certificate is determined by the state in which your loved one died. The cost in Pennsylvania is $6.00 per copy when ordered at the time of death. To acquire additional Pennsylvania certificates after the month from death, they must be ordered from the Vital Statistics Office at a inflated cost each. The funeral home staff can order these additional death certificates for you from the office of vital records New Castle, or you may order them yourself by contacting the New Castle office at 724-656-3100 or by visiting their website.
Most financial institutions and government organizations require a certified copy, however, please check prior to presenting a certified copy some institutions may accept a photo copy.
• To file life insurance claims. Our funeral home assists in the filing of insurance claims on your behalf. We offer this as a service to our clients because some of the information can become confusing.
• To transfer title (vehicles, property, investments, etc.). Please consult us we deal with these issues on a day to day basis and can direct you to what would be in your best interest.
• Credit card companies may require a CERT, to pay off existing balance or to close the account.
• To transfer the payment of royalties or rental income.
• For the employer, particularly if they provide any death benefit, such as survivor benefits or life insurance.
• If the deceased was listed as a beneficiary on a life insurance policy, a death certificate will be required to complete a beneficiary change.