Most financial institutions and government organizations require a certified copy, however, please check prior to presenting a certified copy some institutions may accept a photo copy.
• To apply for veteran's benefits. Please check with your funeral director to see if forms have already been filed for you.
• To file life insurance claims. Our funeral home assists in the filing of insurance claims on your behalf. We offer this as a service to our clients because some of the information can become confusing.
• To transfer title (vehicles, property, investments, etc.). Please consult us we deal with these issues on a day to day basis and can direct you to what would be in your best interest.
• Credit card companies may require a CERT, to pay off existing balance or to close the account.
• To transfer the payment of royalties or rental income.
• For the employer, particularly if they provide any death benefit, such as survivor benefits or life insurance.
• If the deceased was listed as a beneficiary on a life insurance policy, a death certificate will be required to complete a beneficiary change.